my transformation into a bitter angry old woman is almost complete
Requested by rfmp
There was something awesomely understated about The Weekenders. Maybe it’s the fact that one of the few cartoons where the main characters wear something different on three consecutive days in every episode. Maybe it’s because it’s a show about four friends (two guys and two girls) where the two girls regularly pass the Bechdel test with ease. Or maybe it was one of the last great One Saturday Morning cartoons Disney churned out.
But yeah. I really liked The Weekenders.
I think the appeal is that it was a cartoon that while having zany moments never strayed into complete ridiculousness and the characters feel like actual people, including adults. I would also say that it’s also because the writers do not talk down to their audiences.
actual angels aka flawless people that i love meme » Lupita Nyong’o
Kiss kiss fall in love
i was labelling stuff today and this lady scoffed at me and i was like hi and she was like writing with ur left hand is immoral. its 2014 and someone actually said that to my face
a study in warner ↴
A white bird with streaks of gold like a crown atop its head.
A fair-skinned boy with gold hair, the leader of Sector 45.
was this movie even real
I’m doing a little giveaway and its all about the ladies!
I’ll be giving away
- a t-shirt in your choice of Crush the Patriarchy, Cats Against Cat Calls or Riots Not Diets print (all of which go up to at least a size 2xl)
- your choice of five buttons from Modern Girl Blitz
- your choice of jewellery from AddieLeDawn
- friendship bracelet made in the colours of your choice made by yours truly
- "kandi bracelets" or whatever the fuck you want to call them with whatever colour scheme and words you want
- and best of all CANDYYY. who doesnt love candy, cmon.
And now the fun part, the RULES.
- you don’t have to follow me but if you are, then you’ll get something extra
- only reblogs count and you may reblog as many times as you want but please be mindful of your followers
- obviously giveaway blogs dont count (do ppl even need to say this anymore??)
The winner will be randomly selected on April 30th and I’m willing to ship worldwide. I think that’s it. Have fun and crush the patriarchy!!